Conflict between individuals, groups, teams, Session members, or within a congregation is a part of life. The Mediation Committee strives to help Sessions and congregations move through this conflict in healthy and productive ways.
The Mediation Committee is a group of teaching elders, ruling elders, and church members with a variety of skills and training in systems theory, healthy churches, problem solving, dispute resolution, mediation and conflict management.
The Mediation Committee is equipped to serve members of the presbytery by:
- Promoting training events, workshops and presentations to help God’s people develop healthy congregations and deal creatively with tough issues.
- Providing print samples/models for group-building communication and leadership events.
- Providing Presbytery web site links to information.
- Providing confidential consultation to pastors and sessions.
- Providing on-site intervention with 2-member teams.
Pastors and Session members seeking information or mediation may contact the moderator of COM (email@example.com), the Executive Presbyter/Stated Clerk (flanelawrence@lakemichigan
presbytery.org) or the Associate Presbyter (firstname.lastname@example.org).