Next Stated Presbytery Meeting
The next regular Stated Meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, September 17, 2022, in person at the Spring Lake Presbyterian Church.
Teaching elders, ruling elder commissions, balancing elders, corresponding members, presenters and staff will gather in person. Advance registration is required and should be completed here by Monday, September 5, 2022.
All other guests and visitors may attend the meeting via a livestream video feed that will be available that day on this website.
In-person participants are asked to be fully vaccinated OR mask and social distance. Seating will be available in a separate area for those who wish to maintain strict social distance.
As the presbytery continues its journey as a Matthew 25 mid-council, the keynote conversations will explore the idea of “I Was Captive.”
- The keynote speaker will be Joshua Banner, founder and director of The Invitation Center, a spirituality center that creates time and space for God at the vital intersection of contemplation and justice.
- The presbytery will consider a recommendation to adopt Item RGJ-08 An Apology to African Americans for the Sin of Slavery and Its Legacy approved at the 225th General Assembly and to offer the apology.
- Other business includes a report by the presbytery’s General Assembly commissioners and first read of the 2023 draft budget.
- The offering will be designated to the PC(USA) Hands and Feet Initiative.
- The Lord’s Supper will be celebrated.
Lunch will be served after the meeting adjourns. The meal will feature a pig roast with a vegetarian entrée option. Through a generous gift of the meeting host, Spring Lake Presbyterian Church, there is no cost for the meal. Registration is required so that adequate food can be prepared.
Upcoming Due Dates
- 08/29/22 – Final day to submit information to tech team for the creation of presentation slides in PowerPoint
- 09/03/22 – Preliminary Stated Meeting Packet will be posted
- 09/02/22 – Final day to register using the online form. After that day, please send a message to office@lakemichiganpresbytery.
org to initiate a late registration request.
- 09/10/22 – Final Stated Meeting Packet will be posted
- 09/15/22 – @ 9am – Training online for new commissioners
Stated Meeting Packet
Packet materials for the September 17, 2022 Stated Meeting will be available here by Saturday, September 3. The final packet will be posted here by Saturday, September 10, 2022.
Meanwhile, materials from the June 14, 2022 Stated Meeting have been archived in the Presbytery Records folder. Please contact presbytery staff at email@example.com if you are unable to access this password-protected online space.
Questions about Stated Meeting packet materials should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Request Docket Time, Info Table and 30-Second Announcements
Docket requests were due by August 19, 2022. If you have any requests or questions, please send a message to the presbytery’s office manager atoffice@lakemichiganpresbytery.
Request a Thirty-Second Announcement
Thirty-Second Announcements are just that: 30 seconds of screen time projected before and after Stated Meetings as congregations and Presbytery of Lake Michigan groups share information about activities, programs and ideas that might interest other presbytery members.
The announcements may include a screen with text information and/or a short video clip but cannot last longer than 30 seconds. Decisions about the inclusion of Thirty-Second Announcements is at the discretion of staff. (Please note that announcements about fundraising activities are not use.)
Requests to have a Thirty-Second Announcement must be submitted using an online form available here. Presbytery staff then will work with the identified contact person to the get the announcement prepared.
New Commissioners Training
There will be an orientation for new commissioners held online at 9 a.m. Thursday, September 15, 2022. Any new commissioner who wants to attend that training should indicate their interest when completing the overall Stated Meeting registration form OR send an email to office@lakemichiganpresbytery.
Teaching elders unable to attend the meeting should remember to request an excused absence by using this link.
Because the September 17, 2022 regular Stated Meeting will be in person, there will be no protocol and procedures training scheduled.
Stated Meeting Feedback
Tell us how you think the Stated Meeting went by filling out the feedback form! This will help presbytery staff and leaders continue to improve the process.
Want to stay in the Loop?
Subscribe to Presbytery of Lake Michigan Emails
Be informed in all the things that are happening in our Presbytery.