Current Job Postings and Classifieds
Does your church have a job or a classified you want to post here? Contact the Office Manager at email@example.com.
Executive Presbyter/Stated Clerk
The four foundational footers of the Executive Presbyter / Stated Clerk’s work with
the Presbytery of Lake Michigan are: strengthening relationships within the presbytery;
resourcing and supporting congregations for healthy and vital ministries; developing and
supporting healthy and dynamic leaders for congregations and validated ministries; and
fulfilling Book of Order responsibilities.
Applications are being accepted until October 15, 2021
A page with a full job description is below.
Position Type: Full time, paid
Job Posted: September 17, 2021
Synod of the Covenant
Applications are being accepted for a volunteer treasurer to provide internal control, oversight and back-up for the Synod of the Covenant staff as they provide the Synod Assembly with the financial analysis needed to plan and carry out its mission. This is a volunteer position averaging less than ten (10) hours per month.
- Reviewing and working with Synod staff to interpret financial reports,
- Helping to implement internal control procedures like check signing and periodically reviewing QuickBooks, payroll and expense reimbursements,
- Assisting, as needed, with annual budget preparation, and
- Working with the Synod’s interim executive, accountant and finance committee to design an audit plan.
Qualified candidates should be a teaching or ruling elder in the PC(USA) who holds working knowledge of its mission, policies and governance and who lives within the geographic bounds of the Synod of the Covenant. Candidates also should hold an accounting degree, be a certified public accountant or hold other appropriate certification, and be able to interpret and oversee information in QuickBooks.
The treasurer will be nominated and elected to serve a three-year term on the Synod Assembly, and is eligible for reelection.
Because this is a volunteer position, there is no salary. The treasurer will work out of their home or office in their locale with very infrequent trips to the Synod office in Bloomfield Hills, MI. The Synod will provide access to phone and email systems along, and access to QuickBooks and other relevant resources.
A copy of the full job description is below.
Interested individuals should contact the Rev. Dr. Charles “Chip” Hardwick, interim executive of the Synod, via firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 530-4578.
Position Type: Part-time, volunteer
Job Posted: September 7, 2021
Part-Time Music Director
Parkwood Presbyterian Church in Jenison, MI
Leaders at Parkwood Presbyterian Church in Jenison seek a tech-savvy, enthusiastic, creative individual to oversee its music ministries and direct a small choir.
The position requires in-person work directing choir rehearsals on Wednesday evenings and performances during Sunday morning worship at least twice monthly from September through May plus additional work through the week planning music, maintaining the music library and related equipment, scheduling accompanists and special musicians, and working with the worship committee. Some of the additional work may be done remotely. The director will work between eight (8) and ten (10) hours weekly. A copy of the job description is available here.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with both traditional and newer sacred music, and dedicated to bringing out the best in other musicians. This position requires a high amount of coordination with staff and volunteers involved with other ministry programs at Parkwood. The ideal candidate has at least four years of choral performance training and at least one year experience with choral directing.
Due to the flexible nature of the position and varying work hours, this is a salaried position at $7,650 annually.
Position Type: Part-time
Job Posted: August 20, 2021
Part-time Administrative Clerk
Presbytery of Lake MI, Portage, MI
The Presbytery of Lake is looking for a part-time (10 hours per week) Administrative Clerk to assist in recording and maintaining minutes, records and policies for the Presbytery, Commission on Ministry and the Leadership Team.
The Administrative Clerk must be
- Proficient in the use of Google G-Suite, Google Docs and Google File Maintenance; Google and other word processing software; Adobe; Excel software.
- Excellent communication and proof-reading skills required
- Familiarity with PCUSA polity, presbytery structure, and COM structure is helpful.
- Attend all stated and special meetings of the presbytery
- Record the actions and events of all presbytery meetings
- Attend all Leadership Team meetings
- Record all actions of the Leadership Team (LT)
- Attend all Commission on Ministry (COM) meetings
- Record the actions and events of the COM meeting
- Assist the COM moderator in building COM meeting agendas
- Keep, maintain and update COM records–minutes, policies, reports–in Google G-Suite available to COM members as appropriate
Interested applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter and any supplemental materials to email@example.com
Position Type: Part-time
Job Posted: October 13, 2020
Want to stay in the Loop?
Subscribe to Presbytery of Lake Michigan Emails
Be informed in all the things that are happening in our Presbytery.