The next Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of Lake Michigan will be held at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, September 18, 2021, via electronic meeting technology.
The theme of this Stated Meeting is Matthew 25, an initiative to boldly and compassionately serve people and help us be a more relevant presence in the world. Elder Elona Street-Stewart, co-moderator of the 224th General Assembly (2020) of the PC(USA) and the first Native American to hold this position, will offer the keynote presentation – “Matthew 25: A Bold Vision & Invitation to Actively Engage in the World.”
The meeting also will include the first reading of the 2022 proposed budget and celebration as two inquirers are moved to candidate status by the Commission on the Preparation for Ministry. Communion will be served.
Teaching elders, designated elder commissioners representing congregations, and ruling elders assigned voting rights to balance the rolls need to register by Thursday, September 9, 2021 by clicking below or using a link that will be available on the Presbytery Meeting page. A unique link to join the Zoom Webinar will be sent to each approved participant by 5 p.m. Friday, September 17, 2021, to the email address provided on the registration form.
Everyone else who wishes to view the meeting will find a livestream video link on Saturday, September 18, 2021 at lakemichiganpresbytery.org on the Presbytery Meeting page.
Meanwhile, here are some key activities and dates to note as meeting preparations continue.
- Any docket requests submitted via an online form available here by Thursday, August 19, 2021, will be considered for inclusion on the docket for this meeting.
- Any materials to be included in the Stated Meeting packet must be submitted by Monday, August 30, 2021, to office@lakemichiganpresbytery.
- The preliminary meeting packet will be available online by Saturday, September 4, 2021 at lakemichiganpresbytery.org on the Presbytery Meeting page. The final meeting packet will be available there by Saturday, September 11, 2021.
- Protocol and procedure training for the Stated Meeting will be offered online at 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 15, 2021. Participants should indicate interest in this training when registering to attend the Stated Meeting. Link details will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Orientation for new commissioners will be offered via Zoom at 9 a.m. Thursday, September 16, 2021. Participants should indicate interest in this training when registering to attend the Stated Meeting.
A link to provide feedback after the meeting is available on the Presbytery Meeting page at https://lakemichiganpresbytery.org/presbytery-meeting/