Numerous decisions and special activities happened during the Presbytery of Lake Michigan’s Stated Meeting on Tuesday, December 1, including:
* Presentation of “What Does the Lord Require of Us? . . . and Who Is Us?” by the Rev. Molly Casteel, PC(USA) Assistant Stated Clerk and Manager for Equity and Representation, as the part of the presbytery’s Nominating & Representation Committee’s work to educate us about equity and representation.
* Adoption of the 2021 presbytery budget, and approval to create a seven-member committee to search for a permanent executive presbyter/stated clerk and associate presbyter as the presbytery prepares to move out of its organizational transition. Seven nominated individuals also were elected to the search committee.
* Recognition of the presbytery’s 2020 moderator, Elder Dru Wrasse (Buchanan First), for her leadership work during the unprecedented pandemic conditions.
* Installation of the presbytery’s 2021 leaders – Rev. Dr. Seth Weeldryer (Kalamazoo First) as moderator and Rev. Christine Barnes (Member at Large) as vice moderator.
* Celebration of the Rev. Rob Carlson as honorably retired and the Rev. Dr. George R. Hunsberger as he marked on October 4 the 50th anniversary of his ordination.
Commissioners who attended the Stated Meeting – and individuals who used the livestream feed to view the proceedings – are asked to complete an online survey about the meeting to help leaders plan for future events. Click below to complete the survey.