Image from https://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/today/2022lent/
A free Lenten devotional available online focuses on “Lord, When Did We See You?” as the Matthew 25 invitation marks its third anniversary.
The devotional – written by the Rev. Donna Frischknecht Jackson and illustrated with images of sculptures created by Ontario-based Timothy P. Schmalz – is available for free download here.
The devotional begins with Ash Wednesday, and spends time each week exploring one of the “I was . . .” statements Jesus makes in Matthew 25, including:
- First Days of Lent – Inherit the Kingdom
- Week 1 – I was hungry; you fed me.
- Week 2 – I was thirsty; you gave me something to drink.
- Week 3 – I was a stranger; you welcomed me.
- Week 4 – I was naked; you gave me clothing.
- Week 5 – I was sick; you took care of me, I was in prison; you visited me.
- Holy Week and Easter – Just as you did it to one of the least of these, you did it to me.
The material for each week also includes a spotlight video on Sunday featuring how a congregation is doing with Matthew 25, a spiritual discipline on Monday to make space for listening to God, and a soup recipe on Wednesday to enjoy with reflection time.
Click here to learn more about the devotional, its creators and supplemental material.