The next Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of Lake Michigan will be held at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at the First Presbyterian Church in Lansing.
The meeting theme – Make Use of Our Hands – will focus on anti-racism work within the presbytery and the work of our congregations within their own context.
The sermon will be given by the Rev. Dr. Paul Timothy Roberts, president of the Johnson C. Smith Theological Seminary, the only PC(USA) historically Black seminary.
After lunch, workshops related to the meeting theme will be offered by Rev. Roberts plus the Rev. Jermaine Ross-Allam, director of the Presbyterian Mission Agency’s Center for Repair of Historical Harms, and Deacon George Barfield, a member of First Presbyterian Church in Grand Haven. More details will be available soon.
Teaching elders, ruling elder commissioners, corresponding members, presenters and staff will gather in person on June 13 at 510 West Ottawa Street, Lansing, to conduct business. Others may observe the meeting via a livestream video feed that will be available on the presbytery’s website that day.
Here are some key activities and dates to note as meeting preparations are made.
- Docket requests should be submitted on or before Tuesday, May 16, 2023 by clicking here.
- Requests for 30-second announcements or informational tables should be submitted by clicking here. Staff will reach out to the identified contact person with details about preparing the 30-second announcement or the informational table.
- Advanced registration for the Stated Meeting will open on the presbytery’s website by Tuesday, May 16, 2023 and close on Tuesday, May 30, 2023. After that, those who want to attend should send a message to email@example.com.
- Printed materials to be included in the Stated Meeting packet should be submitted by Tuesday, May 23, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Materials to be included in the slide presentation should be submitted by Thursday, May 25, 2023 to email@example.com.
- The preliminary meeting packet will be available online by Tuesday, May 30, 2023 on the presbytery’s website. The final meeting packet will be available there by Tuesday, June 6, 2023. Access the packet materials here.
- Orientation for new commissioners will be offered via Zoom at 9 a.m. Thursday, June 8, 2023. Participants should indicate interest in this training when completing the advanced registration form.
Excused absence requests should be submitted via an online form. Requests not submitted via this form may not be appropriately recorded.