Multiple communication avenues are available from the presbytery to share resources, inform people about upcoming events and deadlines, celebrate milestones, and support congregations and groups.
Some information may overlap to reach a wider audience. Below are the main forms of communication offered by the presbytery.
- Targeted emails: inform specific groups in the presbytery of important need-to-know information.
- Announcements: special events, deaths, ordinations and installations, and retirement announcements.
- eDigest: bi-montly newsletter highlighting events, announcements, articles, and classifieds.
- Gathering at the Well: communication highlighting congregations and groups within the presbytery focusing on purpose, praise, and prayer requests.
- Facebook: main Facebook page and a presbytery group page sharing events, announcements, resources, and links to the eDigest.
- Youtube: shared recordings of presbytery meetings and announcements. Some recordings may require a direct link or password to uphold privacy standards.
- Presbytery documents: links to forms and documents used for presbytery business.
- Blog posts: weekly blog posts found on the presbytery website highlighting events, good news, articles, and announcements. Blog posts can be found directly on the news and events page of the presbytery website and are also linked in the eDigest communication.
- Church resource page: a variety of resources and links intended to support churches through current events and encourage congregational vitality.
- Presbytery meeting page: regularly updated information on the website regarding upcoming Stated Meeting information.
- Staff and presbytery leader contacts: staff and leadership directory and contact forms for direct communication.
- 30-Second Announcements:30 seconds of screen time projected before and after the Stated Meeting as congregations and presbytery groups share information about activities, programs and ideas that might interest other presbytery members. 30-second announcements may be displayed on the website as a blog post after the Stated Meeting.
- The Presbytery of Lake Michigan is working hard to provide transparency and records for you to review. We created “Presbytery Records” on Google Drive for churches to login and access. Some of the documents you can expect to find within the Presbytery Records include; Book of Confessions, Book of Order, Budget & Finance Committee information, Clerk of Session information, Directory, approved Leadership Team meeting minutes, Policies, and past Stated Meeting records.
- Each church within the Presbytery of Lake Michigan was given login information in May 2020. Every church’s teaching elder(s)/pastor(s), administrative assistant(s) and clerk of session are authorized to use the login for Presbytery Records
- If you want to know specific information or access a particular document, contact your church’s teaching elder(s), administrative assistant(s) or clerk of session to email you the file you’re looking for.
- To reach a specific staff or leadership member, visit the Staff and Presbytery Leaders page.
- You also may use the following general contact information:
Phone: (269) 381-6337
Postal: 1511 Helen Avenue, Portage, MI 49002