The next Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of Lake Michigan will be held at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 11, 2023 at the First Presbyterian Church in Holland, MI.
The keynote presentation and sermon will be given by the Rev. Jimmie Ray Hawkins, author of Unbroken and Unbowed and Director of the advocacy offices of the PC(USA) Office of Public Witness in Washington, D.C., and the Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations (NYC).
The theme for the meeting will be “Live As We Pray” with a focus on living into our faith in the decisions we make, the things we do, and the ministries in which we participate. The offering will be designated for the PC(USA) Public Witness and Advocacy.
The docket also will include review and vote on amendments to the PC(USA) Constitution as proposed during the 225th General Assembly (2022). More information about the proposed amendments — including online conversations at 3 p.m. Sunday, February 12, and 6:30 p.m. Monday, February 13 — is available here.
Teaching elders, ruling elder commissioners, balancing elders, corresponding members, presenters and staff will be asked to register in advance. The online registration form is now available until Monday, February 27, 2023. The registration form includes information about ordering lunch and reserving space by Monday, March 6, 2023 for young children to attend childcare in the nursery during the Stated Meeting.
Meanwhile, here are some key activities and dates to note as meeting preparations are made.
- Docket requests for the regular Stated Meeting, should be submitted on or before Saturday, February 11, 2023 by clicking here.
- Thirty-Second Announcement requests should be submitted by clicking here. Staff will reach out to the identified contact person with details about preparing the video announcement.
- Materials to be included in the packet should be submitted by Wednesday, February 22, 2023 to email@example.com.
- The preliminary meeting packet will be available online by Saturday, February 25, 2023 on the Presbytery Meeting page on the presbytery’s website. The final meeting packet will be available there by Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Advanced registration for the Stated Meeting will open on Saturday, February 11, 2023 and close on Monday, February 27, 2023. After that, those who want to attend should send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orientation for new commissioners will be offered via Zoom at 9 a.m. Thursday, March 9, 2023. Participants should indicate interest in this training when registering to attend the Stated Meeting.
Excused absence requests should be submitted by clicking here. Any requests not submitted via this form may not be appropriately recorded.
A link to provide feedback after the meeting is available on the Presbytery Meeting of the presbytery’s website.