Seven different bands will fill the First Presbyterian Church of Allegan, MI during the next few months as part of the congregation’s free Cabin Fever Winter Concert Series.
“The intention is to offer our community an opportunity to enjoy the arts,” says Leah Ward, who helped organize the series. “Many seniors are not comfortable in bars where many good artists perform. Many people do not want to travel at night to a venue in Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo, or do not have funds to purchase tickets.”
The 2023 concert series includes:
- February 5 – Crooked Root (Americana, rock, jazz, blues)
- February 19 – Great Lakes Brass (New Orleans style band)
- March 5 – Mall City Harmonizers (barbershop music)
- March 19 – Luke Lenhart, the Green Valley Boys & Jack Dailey (a little bit country)
- April 2 – Samuel Nalangira (music of Uganda plus folk and world music)
- April 30 – Gemini (first set for children; second set is family entertainment at its best)
- May 7 – His Boy Elroy (popular and classic rock)
Each two-hour concert begins at 2 p.m. in the sanctuary at 200 Cutler Street, Allegan, MI.
There is no cost to attend the concerts although a freewill offering will be accepted to offset costs. Some of the program costs also are funded with a $3,400 Michigan Arts and Culture Council grant.
More information is available by calling (269) 993-7678.