College and university students are heading back to classes this month . . . and campus ministry leaders need your help to connect those students with programs, conversations and space where they can ask questions about faith and life as they learn and grow.
Presbytery of Lake Michigan members are encouraged to refer students from their congregations and communities to campus ministry leaders by:
- Completing an online referral form for students with their permission. Click here to refer students no matter where they attend school. Campus ministers within the presbytery can help connect each student with a PC(USA) ministry or a theologically compatible group.
- Contacting leaders with one of the four campus ministries serving students within the Presbytery of Lake Michigan.
United Campus Christian Fellowship – Serving students at Grand Valley State University, Kendall College of Art and Design, and Grand Rapids Community College. Contact Nancy Janisch via email@example.com or at (616) 710-1605. More information available at https://uccfmi.org/ or https://www.facebook.com/uccfmi1
Don’t know any college or university students to refer? There are still ways you can help the campus ministries encourage and help students grow.
- Pray – Hold the work of all campus ministries in prayer at regular intervals.
- Contribute – All four campus ministry programs received shared mission dollars from the Presbytery of Lake Michigan. It is important to note, however, that these funds do not supply the total financial needs of these programs. Therefore, presbytery leaders encourage local congregations and individuals to also support campus ministries in addition to their shared mission giving to the presbytery.
- Encourage – Contact a campus ministry near you to see if there are ways that you or your congregation could be involved with activities. These might include collecting supplies, volunteering during events or sending care packages with encouraging notes to the students.