The next Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of Lake Michigan will be held at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 7, 2012.
This meeting involves several annual tasks like Celebration of the Saints, installation of the 2022 moderator and vice moderator, and final reading of the 2022 proposed budget.
Communion will be served. An offering will be taken for the Student Loan Forgiveness for Pastors, a program coordinated by Presbyterian Mission.
Teaching elders, designated elder commissioners representing congregations, and ruling elders assigned voting rights to balance the rolls need to register by Friday, November 26, 2021. Registration details will be available on the Presbytery Meeting page by Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
Everyone else who wishes to view the meeting will find a livestream video link on Tuesday, December 7, 2021 on the Presbytery Meeting page.
Meanwhile, here are some key activities and dates to note as meeting preparations continue.
- Any docket requests submitted via an online form available here by Friday, November 5, 2021, will be considered for inclusion on the docket for this meeting.
- Any materials to be included in the Stated Meeting packet must be submitted by Monday, November 15, 2021 to office@lakemichiganpresbytery.
- The preliminary meeting packet will be available online by Tuesday, November 23, 2021 on the Presbytery Meeting page at https://
lakemichiganpresbytery.org. The final meeting packet will be available there by Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
- Protocol and procedure training for the Stated Meeting will be offered online at 10 a.m. Wednesday, December 1, 2021. Participants should indicate interest in this training when registering to attend the Stated Meeting. Link details will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
- Orientation for new commissioners will be offered via Zoom at 9 a.m. Thursday, December 2, 2021. Participants should indicate interest in this training when registering to attend the Stated Meeting.
A link to provide feedback after the meeting is available on the Presbytery Meeting page