Registration remains open for both the Clergy Clinic for Family Emotional Process and the Advanced Clergy Clinic being offered by the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center.
Participants in the Clergy Clinic for Family Emotional Process take the course with one of two groups during nine days of training throughout the year as they make connections between the Bowen family systems theory and its relationship to congregational systems. The training also will enhance the ability of participants to function as self-differentiated leaders within their own ministry setting and deepen understanding of concepts covered in the Mediation Skills Training Institute.
Both groups cover identical content, which is detailed in a brochure available here, and will meet via Zoom from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (CST) each day. Only the training dates are different with
- Group A meeting October 25-27, 2021; February 14-16, 2022, and May 2-4, 2022.
- Group B meeting November 8-10, 2021; March 7-9, 2022, and May 23-25, 2022.
Participants are asked to read Extraordinary Relationships by Roberta Gilbert and One Family’s Story by Michael Kerr.
Registration costs $1,475 IF completed after October 4. Discounts are available for early registration. Some partial scholarships are available with preference given to those who want to register for Group B. Click here to access the scholarship application that is due by Friday, October 8, 2021, and click here to access the registration form.
Meanwhile, anyone who has completed the initial Clergy Clinic course can opt to register for the Advanced Clergy Clinic in Family Emotional Process that includes nine days of training either via Zoom or in-person.
Participants will work with:
- Rev. Trisha Taylor on October 18-20, 2021, to discuss “Conscious and Sustainable: Rethinking Self-Care in a Framework of Differentiation.”
- Rev. Barbara Laymon on February 7-9, 2022, to discuss “Developing a Systems Model for Congregational Assessment, Part 1.”
- Rev. Jake Morrill on April 25-27, 2022, to discuss “Developing a Systems Model for Congregational Assessment, Part 2.”
Click here for a detailed brochure about the Advanced Clergy Clinic content and costs, and click here to access the registration form.
Find more information about the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center at https://lmpeacecenter.org/ and about all programs scheduled during 2021 here.