The next Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of Lake Michigan will be held at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 8, 2021, via electronic meeting technology.
The theme of this Stated Meeting is “What Does It Mean to Be Reformed and Presbyterian.” The keynote speaker and guest preacher will be the Rev. Dr. Christopher Elwood, professor of historical theology at Louisville Seminary. We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
Teaching elders, designated elder commissioners representing congregations, and ruling elders assigned voting rights to balance the rolls need to register by Tuesday, June 1 by clicking below or using a link that will be available on the Stated Presbytery Meeting page at https://lakemichiganpresbytery.org/presbytery-meeting/. A unique link to join the Zoom Webinar will be sent to each approved participant by 5 p.m. Monday, June 7 to the email address provided on the registration form.
Everyone else who wishes to view the meeting will find a livestream video link at https://lakemichiganpresbytery.org/presbytery-meeting/ on the Stated Presbytery Meeting page on Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
Meanwhile, here are some key activities and dates to note as meeting preparations continue.
- Tuesday, May 11 –Docket requests should be submitted via an online form available here or on the Presbytery Meeting page of the presbytery’s website.
- Tuesday, May 18 – Deadline to submit materials for the Presbytery Packet to office@lakemichiganpresbytery.
- Tuesday, May 25 – Preliminary packet materials will be available by this date on the presbytery’s website. PLEASE NOTE that both the consent agenda and the docket will be preliminary versions at this point as the Commission on Ministry (COM) plenary does not meet until this date. Any COM recommendations made during the plenary meeting will be added to both documents when the final packet is posted.
- Tuesday, June 1 – The final version of the meeting packet will be available online.
- Wednesday, June 2 at 10 a.m. – Protocol and procedure training offered online to anyone registered to attend the Stated Meeting. Participants should indicate interest in this training when registering to attend the Stated Meeting. Link details will be sent to the email address provided on the registration form.
- Thursday, June 3 at 9 a.m. – Orientation for new commissioners offered via Zoom. Participants should indicate interest in this training when registering to attend the Stated Meeting.
Links to submit docket requests, register for the Stated Meeting, request an excused absence, find packet materials and provide feedback after the meeting are available on the Stated Presbytery Meeting page found below.