Topics in this eDIGEST:
- ACT: Complete open enrollment for Board of Pensions benefits by 11/13
- NOTE: Key preparation dates for 12/1 PLM Stated Meeting via Zoom
- SOUGHT: Information for the 2019-20 Celebration of Saints report
- VIEW: Synod of the Covenant videos profile member presbyteries
- APPLY: Congregations can seek grant to help their pastor find renewal
ACT: Complete open enrollment for Board of Pensions benefits by 11/13
Employees should make sure they identify what insurance and benefits coverage they want during 2021 by completing the Board of Pensions open enrollment process by Friday, November 13.
Before that date, employees should log on to Benefits Connect to review the benefits being offered to them and make changes to best meet their family’s needs during the next year..
Employers may offer a variety of benefits, including health coverage like medical and prescription drug plans plus vision and dental coverage; short- and long-term disability insurance; tax-advantaged plans, and retirement plans. Click here for more information about potential benefits that may be offered.
NOTE: Key preparation dates for 12/1 PLM Stated Meeting via Zoom
The next Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of Lake Michigan will be held at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 1, via electronic meeting technology.
* Docket requests must be submitted by Friday, November 6 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Registration opens Friday, November 6 via a link that will be available online at lakemichiganpresbytery.org under the “Presbytery Meetings” page. Those who intend to attend the Stated Meeting with voting privileges must register by Monday, November 23, for the Zoom session.
* Materials to be included in the Stated Meeting packet must be submitted by Wednesday, November 11 to email@example.com. The preliminary packet will be available online by Tuesday, November 17.
* Virtual meeting protocol training for participants, especially those making presentations or participating in specific portions of the meeting, will be offered at 2:30 p.m. Monday, November 23. Some different protocols will be used at this meeting so the Lord’s Supper may be celebrated. Registration details for the training session will be available soon.
SOUGHT: Information for the 2019-20 Celebration of Saints report
Preparations are being made for the annual Celebration of Saints that will occur during the December 1, 2020 Presbytery of Lake Michigan Stated Meeting.
The celebration includes reporting and naming all Elders who have gone to eternal glory during the past year.
To prepare, the presbytery needs your help compiling a list of any Elders who joined the Church Triumphant between October 1, 2019 and September 30, 2020. The information must be submitted by Thursday, November 12, 2019 to be included in the 2019-20 necrology report.
Please gather a list of any Elders from your congregation who should be included in the Celebration of Saints and the dates of their deaths. Then, click here to enter the information online. If no elders died in the past year, simply record “NONE” in the field where you are asked to name individuals so it can be reported that your church did respond.
Click here to find the fillable .pdf version of the document it online. After entering your information, either send it as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or return it via postal mail to the presbytery at 1511 Helen Avenue, Portage, MI 49002.
VIEW: Synod of the Covenant videos profile member presbyteries
A series of videos is being produced by the Synod of the Covenant to feature the work of its eleven member presbyteries.
The videos give a glimpse of just some of what God is doing through our churches and members. Each finds leaders from the presbyteries in a conversation hosted by interim executive Chip Hardwick.
Click here to see the first seven, including the Cincinnati, Detroit, Eastminster, Lake Huron, Mackinac, Muskingum Valley, and Western Reserve presbyteries.
APPLY: Congregations can seek grant to help their pastor find renewal
Posted November 3, 2020
Special to the Presbyterian News Service
Congregations seeking renewal for their pastor may apply for grants of up to $50,000 from the Lily Endowment Clergy Renew Programs at Christian Theological Seminary. Up to $15,000 of the funds are available to help the congregation covers costs for ministerial supply while the pastor steps away from the persistent obligations of parish life to engage in a period of renewal and reflection.
There is no cost to the congregations or pastors to apply for the competitive grant. Applications are due April 21, 2021 for grant funds to be used during clergy renewal programs in 2022.
More details about the program are available at https://www.cts.edu/clergy-renewal/. View informational videos about the grant application process here, and listen to podcasts featuring previous grant recipients here.