Spring Lake Presbyterian Church asks that:
Our church leaders be lifted in prayers as we seek to be open to the Holy Spirit guiding our path in the weeks and months ahead as we respond to the pandemic. We ask for prayers for those who are isolated and feeling alone. And we ask for imagination and vision as we implement programs to keep our church family connected.
The congregation holds an annual Christmas tree sale that has generated, to date, nearly $250,000 for mission programs within the community and beyond. Many, many members and friends of Spring Lake Presbyterian Church make the sale successful.
Programs that have benefited from the sale proceeds through the years include: Alano of Tri Cities, Casa Alitas, Camp Greenwood, Community enCompass, Extended Grace, Faith in Action, Hurricane Matthew relief, scholarships to the Kiderkirk preschool and daycare at the church, Lakeshore Pregnancy Center, Little Red House, Lori’s Voice, Mission for Area People in Muskegon, Love in Action, People Center, Spring Lake Alternative Education, Mosaic Counseling Tri-Cities Ministries and Pound Buddies.
We at Spring Lake Presbyterian Church
- Are members of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) which means that we respect a breadth of perspectives under the umbrella of the Christian Faith.
- Refer to ourselves as “Progressive” and “Christ-Centric,” which is to say that we attempt to follow the example of Jesus as we welcome people from all walks of life, regardless of sexuality or race (or other issues that seem to separate us) into our faith community.
- Believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God through which we seek guidance and direction; recognizing that it has also been used as a justification by sinful people to harm others.
- Seek in the church, through worship, study, dialog and contemplation to grow mature in our faith and to be the people God is calling us to be in the world. We do not claim to be perfect and we acknowledge this is our lifelong struggle.
- Do not seek to be political, but we attempt to hold up a desire for justice, mercy and humility in a world where Jesus calls us to live out these principles.
Keep in touch with us!
760 East Savidge Street
Spring Lake, MI 49456
Phone: (616) 842-5060
Pastor: Rev. Daniel Anderson
|Each week, the Presbytery of Lake Michigan lifts up one of our faith communities in prayer as part of our mission in Christ. Please share information about this community and their prayer petitions in your church so we can help bring each other closer to God.|
Congregations and ministries within the presbytery are invited on a rotating basis to submit information for the Prayers for Churches profile. Thank you for providing information for these special communications.