The next Stated Meeting of the Presbytery of Lake Michigan will be held at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 9, via electronic meeting technology.
Tuesday, June 2 – Deadline to register for stated meeting
Teaching elders, designated elder commissioners and ruling elders assigned voting rights to balance the rolls need to register for the Zoom webinar session by clicking below between now and Tuesday, June 2. Participants will be sent a unique link to access the meeting space where discussion and voting will happen. We will NOT be able to provide a link to the Stated Meeting to anyone who does not register by June 2.
Everyone else who wishes to view the meeting will be asked to watch via a live-stream broadcast. Details about how to access that link will be provided by June 2.
Teaching elders who are unable to attend the June 9 virtual meeting should remember to request an excused absence by using the link below.
Wednesday, June 3 — Review materials for the Stated Meeting
Materials for the June 9 meeting will be distributed ONLY electronically. These items will be posted here.
It is strongly recommended that you download the files on to your computer for easy reference during the Stated Meeting, even if your Internet-connection falters. At minimum, please print the docket and consent agenda so that you may easily follow the business being conducted.
Monday, June 8 at 9 a.m. – Orientation for new commissioners
An orientation session for those who have never attended a PLM Stated Meeting is scheduled for 9 a.m. Monday, June 8 via Zoom. The focus of this meeting is to help new commissioners understand what happens during a stated meeting but there also will be some discussion about how votes will be taken, comments offered and information shared during this meeting as it is the presbytery’s first using electronic meeting technology.
Anyone interested in joining the session should send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org so a registration link may be provided.
Tuesday, June 9 at 9:30 a.m. – Stated Meeting begins
Teaching elders, designated elder commissioners and ruling elders assigned voting rights to balance the rolls who REGISTERED for the meeting should use their unique link to join the Webinar. (This link will be sent June 5.)
- Participants should connect using both a video and audio connection on a computer, tablet or smart phone; audio only connections via a landline or cellular phone will not be allowed of limited functionality in the webinar environment means participants would not be able to vote.
- Follow the check-in procedures described in the presbytery’s “Electronic Meeting Policy.” (A copy is attached.) Please complete this process by 9:20 a.m. so you can hear any announcements at the start of the meeting and that business can begin as promptly as possible.
- Confirm that your screen name is your real name, and make a comment in the chat box BEFORE the meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. This information will be used to record the official meeting rolls.
- If you have trouble getting into the meeting, send an email to email@example.com with your name and a phone number where you may be reached at that time.
- All others may observe the Stated Meeting via a live-stream feed. A link to this feed will be available at lakemichiganpresbytery.org under the “Presbytery Meetings” tab.