Covenant Gathering 2020
It’s still happening July 12-17 . . . but with a twist!
The community of God’s beloved children cares for the neighbor, the stranger, and one another. Because of this, the Covenant Gathering Design Team has determined that CG 2020 needs to be held virtually! No, it’s not what we wanted to do. But we gather virtually now so that when we come back together in person no one is missing.
The details are still being worked out. Stay tuned to the website for details. (Also receive emails with updated information by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or joining the Covenant Gathering group on Facebook.)
What is known?
- The keynote speaker will still be the Rev. Jimmie Hawkins.
- Adult faculty is preparing to offer classes online.
- Special events will be offered for children and youth.
- Fun community building times are being planned.
- Worship will still be done as only Covenant Gathering can do it.
Traditionally, Covenant Gathering is a little bit conference and a little bit of vacation with facilities and programs for all ages and abilities. This year, the program topics including transforming mission, photography and poetry, Bible storytelling, spiritual practices, movie heroes and Biblical ethics and cultural humility.