Two Stated Meetings of the Presbytery of Lake Michigan are scheduled this Saturday, May 2, 2020 as the presbytery makes provisions to, if necessary, hold future Stated Meeting using electronic technology.
The presbytery bylaws currently do not offer a provision for such electronic meetings. So, before we can meet as an entire presbytery via Zoom or other electronic platform, we first would need to change the bylaws. After conferring with the presbytery’s attorney and reviewing our current bylaws, the PC(USA) Book of Order and the most current version of Robert’s Rules of Order, two Stated Meetings have been scheduled.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, May 2 – The docket will include worship, which is required at each meeting of the presbytery, and notification of the intent to change the bylaws to allow for meetings of the presbytery to be held using electronic technology.
10 a.m. meeting is done. You can re-watch it at the button below:
- 11 a.m. Saturday, May 2 – The docket will include worship and consideration of the recommendation to approve the bylaws change to allow for meetings of the presbytery to be held using electronic technology.
11 a.m. meeting is done. You can re-watch it at the button below:
Please note that, while you be able to view those videos… the video will only be available as each separate meeting occurs.
Since the governor’s office has mandated that no more than ten people can gather, those physically attending the meeting will be limited to:
- Moderator Dru Wrasse (Ruling Elder at Buchanan First),
- Vice Moderator Seth Weeldreyer (Teaching Elder at Kalamazoo First),
- Cal Bremer (Teaching Elder and Transitional Co-Leader),
- Fran Lane-Lawrence (Teaching Elder and Transitional Co-Leader/ Stated Clerk),
- two other Ruling Elders from two different congregations close to Kalamazoo to fulfill the bylaw requirements for a quorum at presbytery meetings.
All other presbytery members may observe the proceedings via a live-streamed video broadcast of the two separate meetings by watching the YouTube videos embedded above. One video will broadcast the 10 a.m. meeting, and the other video will broadcast the 11 a.m. meeting. (Both links are set up now but will not contain any video until that meeting is called to order.)