The next Stated Meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 14, 2020 at First Presbyterian Church of Three Rivers/Centreville (320 North Main Street, Three Rivers, MI 49093). Church’s phone number is (269) 273-9571.
Registration is now open
Register for the stated meeting, lunch and if needed childcare. Keep in mind that you can register for lunch but you will pay for the lunch to the church in PERSON at the stated meeting. Registration and lunch reservations
due by 4 p.m. Monday, March 2, 2020.
What’s on the docket?
- Roundtable discussions with presbytery leaders about the transition into the new organizational structure.
- There will be four areas representing the key teams: Congregational Support, Dynamic Leaders, Mission & Outreach, and Administrative Support. The facilitator of each team — along with moderators from commissions, committees and groups within that team — will be available for dialogue about the process.
- Commissioning those individuals heading to the 224th annual General Assembly in June.
- The commissioners include ruling elders Thomas Wilcox (Grand Rapids – North Park) and Leslie Gilreath (Benton Harbor – Fairplain); ruling elders Chrissy Westbury (Kalamazoo – First) and David Schell (Benton Harbor – Fairplain); and Young Adult Advisory Delegate Jillian Goshorn (Niles – First).
- An update about the Vital Congregations Initiative.
There will be changes in the docket structure based on feedback from those who have attended recent Stated Meetings. Worship will be spread throughout the day and business matters scheduled to better fit energy levels.
Request for Docket Time, Info Table, and 30-Second Announcements
Fill out the form below to ensure that your request is submitted for the next Stated Meeting. All docket requests, 30-second announcements and informational items for the Stated Meeting packet MUST be submitted by Saturday, February 22. Items submitted after this date will not be included.
What’s for Lunch?
Lunch will be a build-your-own taco salad. All ingredients will be gluten free, and a vegan topping will be available. Cost is $9 per person. Lunch reservations due by Monday, March 2.
** NEW THIS TIME ** All lunch payments will be accepted ONLY at the meeting. Do NOT send advance payment. Please bring cash or a check payable to First Presbyterian Church of Three Rivers and Centreville.
The offering at this meeting will be received for the United Community Assistance Program. UCAP assists individuals and families in St. Joseph County with basic needs, enabling them to live independently and with dignity. When life situations become overwhelming, UCAP provides a safe, non-judgmental place to receive assistance.
Questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you there!